Recognition Blogs I Like Projects A Crafter's Haven Calendar Sponsors

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Throwback Thursday Challenge with Emma- Sports Theme

It feels like forever since I've had time to just scrap...I think I was going through withdrawal...lol.




Since this challenge was a sports theme; I just had to do it.  Our nephew not only plays but is addicted to basketball.  He loves the Lakers especially Kobe hence the colors, so this gave me an excuse to make him another card.

Cartridges used:  Sports Mania- background with stars, All Star and Trophy (popped up).  Martha Stewart:  glitter-  trophy followed by Glossy accents and Screw Punch- hole punched All Star & background.  I went over the entire stars background with chalk ink.

I challenged myself to go outside of my norm for this card.  For example I don't think I've ever inked the whole background on a project.  The MS Screw Punch I thought it was something I would never use and even planned on returning...but found I really liked the look it gave my project and how easy and simple the tool was to use. 

So basically I've said all of that to say don't be afraid to try new things you might be pleasantly surprised what you end up with!  Hope you like...would love your feedback!

Check back soon for more Learn from Laverne.
PS...there's still time to enter to win the Cricut Imagine; Don't miss out click here!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Card! I Love the Purple chalk ink. I'm going to have to learn how to do that. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete